Monday, August 06, 2012

Tossed And Turned Tuesday–Door Prize

What’s better than a great transformation??? A FREE transformation!!

This project was absolutely free.

BEFORE:

GraySide_bef1

AFTER:

GraySide2

If you missed Thursday’s post, I showed you the before photo of this table that my friend Massy brought over to my house and left on my porch for me. It was an AMAZING gift to get from such a sweet friend and it cracks me up that she knows me so well to know what TRULY makes me happy.

Keeping the fact that it was free in mind, I decided to look for a color I already had and used it so that I wouldn’t have to spend a dime on it. This table is truly …priceless!

Before I go any further I have to tell you what I found this weekend and it was NOT GOOD! Remember I told you I found some awesome deals this weekend (more on that later) ?? Well I had to make room for it so I hired Brianna (youngest daughter) to help me clean out my sun room. This is where I store all my crap and the reason for my husband’s craziness! I had this one area that really needed help and as I made my way through it, guess what came running out of there!?!?!?!?!?  UGH a rat!!!  AAAAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAAhAhAhA

He was a little one with deathly fangs and huge claws. He was running on one of the rafters and I screamed to the heavens to save me and my furniture!!! And to Brianna…although I don’t quite know why.  Then to KUNU cat to come kill it but he was sunbathing and not to be bothered.

Anyway he ran away and now I must call an exterminator to make sure there aren’t any unnamed pets living outside(or in) my house. Isn’t this embarrassing…I mean I feel like the teacher just told me I have lice..and with all girls growing up, boy I got them too alright!

So disgusting and yucky!!

Now to totally change subjects yet again, here are the rest of my before and after photos. I just had to get that off my chest first though!

MORE BEFORE:

GraySide_bef2

GraySide_bef3

MORE AFTER:

GraySide1

GraySide3GraySide4

I’ll share one of my garage sale finds Thursday and post the rest later!!

OOOHHH can’t wait!! gtcf
Rita

5 comments:

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain said...

Love that gray--it's beautiful!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

it looks so pretty! i love the gray paired with the white hardware!

Twice Nice said...

Yeah for priceless! Love the gray! Lucky you to have a furniture fairy.

Megan said...

A rat?!?! I would die, once a mouse got in the house and I freaked out!! I love the table, so clean and pretty!!

Nadine @ Chic with the Kool-Aid Mustache said...

Gotta love those kind of friends! The table turned out great!