Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Thrown Away Thursday–Make My Knees Weak

Everyone knows what I’m talking about. There is something, somewhere, that will make your knees just want to give when you see it. For me it’s Chocolate and old furniture of course! But in particular – side tables.  And not just any side table!! NO! Those ones that are older and made of great wood with the awesomest handles on them..yeah you know what I’m talking about. Ahhh.Those tug at my heart.

So you can imagine my awe when I saw this little table sitting at my doorstep as if to greet me and say “Hi Rita, will you make me over”?

And just so you know, it’s an honor when anyone asks ‘me’ (don’t care how I dress, If I’m covered in paint, or if my jeans were made in the last five years) Rita, to make them over. But I’m not gonna lie, that’s what it said!

 DSCN2381

DSCN2382DSCN2383

My friend Massy found it near where she lives and brought it over to me.

This is what I’ll be working on this weekend. What about you?

And after my “yuk” photo of my grandma’s BFF’s shelf, I KNOW you have some crazy stuff you’ve done and haven’t been fond of either. So if you have any non-awesome before and after shots, send them my way. I’d love to post about them. And also make myself not feel so bad.

Have a great Thursday!
Rita

(and if you read this…Hi George “MAC” guy!!)

2 comments:

Twice Nice said...

Love the lines of your new side table friend there! Finally got to my computer and look what you've been up to. Have fun!

Tami {Curb Alert!} said...

What a sweet friend to even deliver it for you.
Good luck in the next few weeks with Ashley. I bet you are both very excited and nervous!
Tami