Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sprucing up the College Dorm!

We just got back from dropping Ashley off at College so there won’t be a huge before and after this week however come back tomorrow and I’ll post pictures from that chapter of our lives!!  Miss that girl already!

This post is about a small lamp we spruced up for her dorm. Remember me saying she is being very conservative when spending “her” money?? Well she had to buy a desk lamp but didn’t want to spend an arm and a leg to get a cute one. Those things are rather expensive!!

She opted to purchase a plain white one instead and have me fix it up according to her bedding. We chose a light gray to match her sheets and I used a Martha Stewart adhesive stencil my sister bought me!

Dull Lamp before:

photo 1 (1)

Adhesive stencil:

photo 4-001

Stylish Lamp After:

photo 1 (3)

 

And my child whom I spent 14 hours of labor for, leaving to her new Adventure!!  By the way she was my proof reader so if there’s misspellings, blame her for fleeing the coop!

photo 2 (2)

More photos of this tomorrow with one of Sammy you WON’T want to miss!!

Love,
Rita

2 comments:

Megan said...

Love the lamp! She sure doesn't look sad to be leaving :)

Tami {Curb Alert!} said...

Hey Rita! Hope you have had a great week. The Curb Alert! Block Party link is up again today and through the weekend. I would love it if you joined us again! http://tamicurbalert.blogspot.com/2012/08/friday-block-party-15.html
Have a great weekend!
Tami @ Curb Alert!