Sunday, August 26, 2012

Good Luck Ashley!

Well she’s off to start her college life. We moved Ashley in Wednesday and it wasn’t nearly as hard as I thought.  Now on the other hand, it’s gotten worse as the days have gone by, but I think I’m managing quite well. Plus, I know she’ll do fine!!

Ash chose to go to A & M Commerce (Lions)which is a sister school of
A & M (Aggies). She chose Commerce so that she can pursue a teaching degree. She’s always wanted to become a teacher. Plus being great with children her whole life has helped! Commerce is only two hours away from us so she’s on her own without being WAY OFF on her own. That puts my heart at ease!

I guess I could go on an on about this whole experience but I won’t bore you with it, not to mention I will cry and all that, so I’ll just get on with a few of the pictures we took.Smile

1

Ashley’s Dorm is Pride Rock. Get it “Lions” -  Pride Rock (Lion King). Yeah, Ashley LOVED that!

5

26

Yes, Ashley is a HAM!! Wow just noticed that nice butt view of Sammy. Ha-ha, he’ll love that!

7

Ashley and Brianna walking up to the Dorm. And Yes that is Brianna’s blue hair that she’s wearing this year to school if they let her. Believe me, if she let me write more about her, It would be a novel!  As far as the hair…let’s just say you pick your battles!! These two couldn’t be more opposite!

.2

Inside the Dorm room!

3

Must have ART on the wall!

4

The FAMILY before we say goodbye!

9-001

I ABSOLUTELY LOOOOVVVEE this next photo!! Sammy is actually “acting” like it was really tough and being a little OVER dramatic for the camera but it was so hysterical, I had to include it!

10

Ashley saying goodbye from her “new” dorm room!

11-001

Hope you enjoyed a glimpse into a new chapter of our lives.

Ashley, since I know you’ll be reading this, I love you baby, remember to make your own sunshine, be brave and always, always, do what makes YOU happy and leaves your heart content. You have time to learn what makes you, you out there so don’t get discouraged if you find yourself unsure or uncertain. You’ll get there and you have plenty of time to do so.  You know I’m proud, you know we are ALWAYS here, so take this time to learn, take a leap of faith, and grow.

Thanks again for sharing this with me- as I go off to cry again, darn emotions!! 

Love,
Rita

7 comments:

Susie Otto said...

Congratulations to Ashley and hugs to you for getting her there. I know this time might be a little tough, but I'm so proud of her and happy that she's there. I never got to do the whole dorm/college thing so I hope she has fun! Love you guys. Seeing pics of you all together makes my heart ache. I miss you guys like crazy!! And that pic of Sammy hugging her IS hysterical. HAHA!

<3 Susie

Megan said...

Man, she doesn't look like she could get any happier, grinning from ear to ear! She's gonna do awesome!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

so sweet!! she will do great!

Tami {Curb Alert!} said...

Yay to Ashley and to you mom for being so brave! Each day will get better and better! I agree with "choose your battles" and just enjoy each childs' personal individuality!
Have a great week!
Tami

momtofatdogs said...

When my OLDEST daughter went to college I spent 3 months having anxiety attacks. When the 2nd one went??? Oh Geesh! I was SO READY for it. So you're not alone.

Sam

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

I loved reading this. My oldest went off last year and I can't help but think...glad it is this time this year instead of last year, Nice that she is only 2 hours away. Love the blue hair on your other daughter....reminds me of one of my daughter's friends....what is it w/ blue hair?? Best of luck!

Twice Nice said...

Crap I'm crying just reading your message to her!! What a great send off for Ashley. You all look so happy and proud!