Sunday, August 05, 2012

College Central!

 

We college shopped all weekend and had a GREAT time doing it! Thank goodness for all the gift cards and college fund money Ashley got at her party!! That SOOOO came in handy!

But I will say this about me being frugal minded, Ashley checked prices like crazy when we are out and about. She found a binder for $5 and nearly had a heart attack. It was orange with a flower and a plain jane one next to it was only about a dollar. Things are different when you’re spending your own money and I’m glad she sees that!!

She cleared a corner of her room out which we named “College Central”. It contains all the stuff she’ll take with her when she leaves in a couple of weeks. She also has a list we are crossing off as we go. A girl can NEVER be too prepared!

photo (5)

Fun times!

I also wanted to talk a bit about someone who approached me named Jessica with Campus Book Rentals.

These are some of the perks using their:

- 40-90% off of bookstore prices
- Free shipping both ways
- Can highlight in the textbooks
- Flexible renting periods
- Donation to Operation Smile with each textbook rented
- Discount for mentioning them on my blog

I’ll definitely be checking out the online book rentals for any books they may have that Ashley will need when she leaves for school.

It’s a different story when you have to purchase EVERY book she’ll need so I’ll take help where I can get it.

http://www.campusbookrentals.com/

I also got REALLLLYYY GREAT deals this weekend that I found at a garage sale so stay tuned!!!  You won’t want to miss it.

Have a great week!
Rita

3 comments:

momtofatdogs said...

You might consider Amazon.com too. My youngest daughter is in grad-school & she frequently finds them cheaper & ALWAYS faster than the campus book store

Sam

Megan said...

I try to rent as many books as possible, it's soooooo much cheaper!

Nadine @ Chic with the Kool-Aid Mustache said...

Good luck with all that college prep stuff! I remember collecting all my stuff and awaiting the day my Mom dropped me off at College! What an exciting time in your lives...

The book rentals are a pretty good deal for students and our students have really enjoyed having that option through our campus bookstore. The only drawback is no book to $sell$ back at the end of the term...lol

Can't wait to see your garage sale treasures