Monday, July 09, 2012

Tossed and Turned Tuesday–Scrape up your Scraps!

I’m just gonna be honest with you. I work, I’m a mom, I’m tired and I complain a lot but all in all, I’m very, very lucky!  Hello, melodramatic! That being said, I will guarantee you that my posts are “what you see is what you get”. So most of the time, they are far from the finished product and nowhere near all the other great furniture you see out in the blog world, but the reality is, I’ll show you what I got, when I got it! (And I’m no pro but I’m pretty good)

Also, If you follow me, you know I don’t pay high dollar for any of my furniture. In fact the highest I go is usually the ten dollar range and if I paid – twenty – wow you better believe I have plans for it!!

So for all of you frugal friends out there, let me show you my version of scrapbooking!

DSCN2320

Yes these are fabric scraps my friends! Different twist using fabric huh!

DSCN2308

Tons of pictures to follow:

DSCN2311

DSCN2312

DSCN2317

Again, painting not complete, but you get the idea Winking smile

DSCN2319

DSCN2322

Inside material!

DSCN2324

Before

DSCN2303photo (5)

I think it looks pretty darn good myself and I totally love my little fat fabric owls! 

Oh and before I forget the inspiration for this came when my cousin Norah asked me what size the shelf was for her little girls room. I totally pictured it at that moment in a child’s room because of the height and knew originally I was going to paint everything on but then I ran across my fabric and…you get the idea.

So thanks Norah for getting that ball rolling!

Thanks again for stopping by! I appreciate your time and YOU!!!

Love,
Rita

**make sure to check out the parties I’m linking to on the tab above**

8 comments:

Twice Nice said...

I am squeaking I am so excited!!! That is SO VERY STINKIN' COOL! Using your fabric is a great, great idea, and I love the owls, and that leafy tree fabric inside really rocks! Super finish for some lucky kiddo!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

what a cute and fun piece! love it, rita!

momtofatdogs said...

Adorable!

Sam

Nadine @ Chic with the Kool-Aid Mustache said...

How cute is that!

Bonnie said...

Wow, I LOVE this. So incredibly cute.

Nikki said...

This is super cute & I love it! I love owls.. Except for real ones :) they are a little creepy. I found you on Whim Wednesday, I hope you have a great one!

Oklahomaredhead said...

This is a really fun piece. Love it!

Ana Lopes said...

Hi Rita,

This is awesome !!!! I love the leaves. Thanks for sharing.
I'll be glad if you visit my blog.

Hugs from Portugal
Ana Lopes

www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com