Monday, July 30, 2012

Tossed And Turned Tuesday- My Fair Lady

After yesterday’s yuckiness, I think we all need to be left with something better to look at wouldn’t you say?!

And, YES, I did it! I finished the dresser….WOO HOO. The pink paint on this gal is called, “My Fair Lady”.  LOVE!

DSCN0888

This will go in my cousin’s little girls room. She had a princess room and her only request was that she get crystal knobs. I found some that I liked that were shaped in a flower and the two on the top were different but I liked that the crystals were smaller and I had the bright idea that I could paint the metal around them lavender as well. Thought it would look cute anyway!

photo (5)DSCN2364

photo (6)

One thing you need to always remember when looking at “used” furniture is to really pay attention to details. Like this for instance. I see why she sold it for $5. Of course I still think she was out of her mind for giving it to me for that low but the top was cracked and they used globs of glue to hold it together. I thought it was just stained and didn’t pay that much attention to it. I just pried that glue gunk off, added wood filler, sanded and then painted it. Here’s the before and after of the top!

DSCN2355DSCN2365-001

Yep, a little elbow grease never hurt anyone Smile

Again, here’s the before shot!!

DSCN2354

Hope you liked it and I hope Giuliana REALLY likes it!! Cant wait to see it in her new Big Girl Room!!

Happy Tuesday!
Rita

3 comments:

Tami {Curb Alert!} said...

Definitely now a beautiful piece. Great job Rita, I am sure she will absolutely fall in love with it!
Tami

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

it doesn't look like the same piece! what a save- so pretty!

Kammy's Korner said...

Beautiful, Rita!! She's SURE to love it! :)