Monday, June 18, 2012

Tossed and Turned Tuesday–For Mema

Next time I say I’m going to do a project this big, and it’s Father’s Day Weekend, and I have College orientation for Ashley (not these circumstances exactly but you know what I mean), you have my permission to tell me I’m crazy!! I was bound and determine to finish and almost did but not quite.

This is what I ended up with thus far:

photo 1

Pardon the picture but it was taken on my iphone. Ashley had a concert to go to tonight “The WANTED” (insert scream) and I believe she took my camera.

photo 4

This color is actually a VERY light gray. It’s really pretty up close and I didn’t do anything to the hardware. Partly because I ran out of time and I ended up liking them like that. Ok, whatever, I’m lazy…there I said it.

I still have lots to do to this piece. One drawer is incomplete, I need to line the insides of the drawers, there is still some touching up to do and more distressing. It also turns out that there is a stool that goes with it that I totally forgot about. So like I said, lots of work still left to do.

It will be going home with my mother-in-law (better known as Mema). She fell in love with this piece when she first saw it. This is when we were having plumbing issues (remember). Anyway after Sammy asked me to crawl under the deck to check out a pipe, I cringed and refused. Next thing I knew, my mother-in-law was shimmying her way under the deck in the mud and God knows what else. It was at that moment, I knew this vanity was going home with her. I’da paid her $100 to check out that pipe for me honestly, but figured, the vanity would do.

OOPS, almost forgot the before shot:

MemasDresser_bef1

MemasDresser_bef3

See you Thursday!!

Rita

7 comments:

Kammy's Korner said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Megan said...

So pretty, you have a lucky MIL!

SweetPepperRose said...

Wow, beautiful outcome!
JoAnn

Chic with the Kool-Aid Mustache said...

She has good taste and you did a great job with it!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

it looks so pretty! and what a great story behind it! :)

~ Tami said...

Rita, I LOVE it! Even unfinished it looks fabulous. Mema is a lucky lady!
Hope to see you again next Friday at our Block Party :)
Tami @ Curb Alert!

~ Tami said...

Hey Rita! Mema's Vanity was the most viewed link at last week's Friday Block Party. Come over and take a look!
Tami @ Curb Alert!
http://tamicurbalert.blogspot.com/2012/06/friday-block-party-11-feature-from-10.html