Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Thrown Away Thursday–Oh no could it be??!!

Could I really be tempting you with a “before” photo?????

Yes!! YAYYYYY!!

I’m just hoping the phrase “my eyes are bigger than my stomach” like when you order everything on the menu and only eat a few bites, doesn’t apply here!

I’ve just had this enormous itch to paint!!  So this is what I decided on:

MemasDresser_bef1

And yes there is a mirror that goes with this vanity. I know, I realize I’m probably setting myself up for failure but what the hell?? I’ll see what I can get done!!

Oh and I’m also attending Ashley’s orientation this weekend! So we’ll see what happens.

********************    D.M.V. HELL   *********************

On a separate note, Ashley got her permit finally. We have been to the DMV 5 - count them FIVE times!!!

Those of you with teenage kids getting their license, be warned. This is a list of what went wrong:

1. Ashley forgot her glasses!
2. New law passed and I needed two forms of proof of residency
3. I take the proof of residency, one of which didn’t count. I had an extra bill but since the bills come in Sammy’s name, regardless if we’re married, He has to be he one to be there with her.
4. Sammy takes her back with proof of residency and now one form she had filled out previously from school has expired(we didn’t know it expired)
BUT…she is now 18 so she doesn’t need the form (good news) BUT she needs two forms of identification which she doesn’t have (bad news)

5. I take her the same day - with her two forms of Identification. They said they would make an exception ONLY if I get there the same day before 6PM. We get there at 5:51 and she FINALLY GOT HER PERMIT. HALLELUIAH!!!

 That whole experience was stressful. So now I’m off to bed!

Goodnight!
Rita

6 comments:

~ Tami said...

Amazing vanity! Where did find it?
I am feeling your pain with the driving dilemmas, we went through much of the same with our daughter. Frustrating!
Tami @ Curb Alert!

Megan said...

Wow. that piece needs some serious TLC! That's craziness, I hate the DMV, glad she finally got it worked out :)

momtofatdogs said...

Can't wait to see what you have planned for that vanity. Betcha you go blue...?

The DMV here is awful. Just rotten. Those ladies are the most seriously rotten people to deal with. And the tag office is no different. I don't understand it. And it's not like we have the population like other cities. We're in a pretty small town. (In comparison to say....Santa Ana CA where I grew up....)It's like they are lording some power of you or something. So I think to myself "Self, you ever get that biotch in YOUR work environment....Have a dozer run over her happy @ss!" Yes! Vengence is sweet.

FWIW - I am NOT vindictive....just seems that THOSE people probably don't tolerate being treated like they treat other people very well. But who knows?

Sam

Twice Nice said...

That is really a cool vanity/desk!
DMV is not for the faint of heart!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

it needs some love, but gorgeous details! i cant wait to see it finished!

Chic with the Kool-Aid Mustache said...

Can't wait to see what you do with this piece...it seriously needs a facelift! lol