Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Congratulations Ashley!

 

AshMom

Dear Ashley,

I always knew the day would come when you graduated and I’d be so excited, things would be great and exciting… I just didn’t think it would be so soon. I’ve been thinking about your first day of kindergarten and how excited you were with your brand new Hello Kitty back pack. It really doesn’t seem like that long ago.

The thing I think of now, knowing you’ll be going off to college to become a Teacher is remembering how I felt letting you go to start your “elementary school life”. I was now entrusting your teachers to help mold you and teach you. Every year you went off to a different grade you left a piece of yourself with your teachers and as hard as it was, I had to share you with them. But truth is, without their help, you wouldn’t be the person you are today. I’m so proud of you for who you are, what you stand for and the fact that you will one day share yourself with someone else’s child. I hope you understand how hard it is for a mother to leave their child and have faith that the person accepting them, will do a great job. The fact that you will be that ‘someone’ one day is a true blessing. You are such a shiny, happy person and to be in your aura is greatness! I know you’ll spread that sunshine to everyone you meet and someday …teach.

The hardest part for me is, yet again, letting you go to explore the unknown but I know you’ll come out on top! And even though I may cry myself to sleep for a while I’ll know in my heart that each day you’re gone, you are that much closer to being the Teacher you always wanted to be and because of YOU a parent will breathe a little easier. So go touch more lives as you have already and know mom’s always here ready to hear your stories, your new experiences and experience the ‘unknown’ with you!

And last but definitely not least- My unorthodox words of wisdom :

1. Always have shine on your lips!

2. Always put on a clean pair of underwear!

3. ALWAYS make your own sunshine!- (I’ve been saying this as you exit the car since elementary school)

I love you - now go RULE THE WORLD!

PICTURE TIME!! lots of them!

Ash, mom, dad and Brianna ( I was crying so no makeup!)Family

Ash, mom, dad

AshParents

Ash and Brianna (windy outside)

2

Ash and Ernesto (BFF 1)

1

Ash and Claudia (BFF 2)

AshClaudia2

Ash and Phillip (BFF 3)

AshPhillip

Ash, Liv, and Miguel (Aunt from Chicago and Uncle from Phoenix)

AshLivMiguel

Ash and Grandparents (My mom and step dad)

AshLondieNati

Ash and Mema (Sammy’s mom)

AshMema

Graduation party pics coming soon!!

6 comments:

Twice Nice said...

Oh my gosh, sniffle-sniffle sob, that is a beautiful letter! Seriously, I am bawling my eyes out! You said it so beautifully, and now I'm going to go blow my nose and try not to cry myself to sleep cuz my oldest isn't very far away from this moment! Congratulations Ashley!! and Mom & Dad!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

congrats to ashley! beautiful pictures and beautiful words. :)

Megan said...

What a fun day, so many smiles and a few tears :) I love your words of wisdom!

~ Tami said...

Congratulations! Enjoy every moment :)

Cindy B said...

What a wonderful example you and Sammy have set for this amazing daughter you have developed. I cried reading your words and know that if I could have, I would have been right there with the whole family! Congratulations, Ash! Do great and awesome things!

momma_drea said...

I know im a lil late and Ive been meaning to comment on this a long time ago. But WHERE IS MY PIC WITH ASHLEY????? Do I not mean anything to her, Im I not a big part in her life?? Why do Miguel, liv, mom, and nati get their pic on here. Why do all her BFF's get their pics on here? I was just wonderding..

Love your fav sister that is left out of the circle. Andrea :(