Monday, May 14, 2012

Tossed And Turned Tuesday- Close Encounters of the Minty Kind

I don’t think I mentioned that this dresser cost me a total of $5.00!! Yeah, I guess they figured it was the right price for a sticker book, and technically that’s what it became (haha) but for me, the price was PERFECT!!

Before~

Alien_Bef1

After~

Alien1

I have to tell you about the color choice. Whenever I get online I always turn to a few of my favorite blogs. One of them being Cassie’s blog from Primitive and Proper(of course!). She’s like my furniture mentor. I go to her blog for advice ALL the time. Anyway the other day she posted a mint green dresser she just finished and mentioned that it was the latest color. I teased and said…”well, if YOU say so .." then it has to be true!!

Put it this way, if CASSIE SAYS that violet is the new black, you better believe that you’ll be seeing violet all over blogland not to mention that can you just bought from Home Depot!!

Anyway,my mom called the other day and said she just bought me some oops paint. Well I got it today and guess what color it was?? That’s right, Mint. Well at least that’s what it looks like to me anyway.

Alien2

This is the lovely top before. I totally forgot to add this to my last post but it is VERY worthy of being seen. I sanded the heck out of it!

Alien_Bef2

At first I thought it was a water stain but now I firmly believe that the aliens sat their laser gun on top of it and burned a mark onto it. It was really awful!

I couldn’t exactly leave this post on a bad note so here it is again:

Alien4

This little precious will find it’s way to my sister’s house. I’m glad it’s staying in the family! She wants it to look aged so I’ll add some light distressing to it.

I hope you all had a great Mother’s Day! I did and got a new Drill set!!! It’s freaking amazing. We laughed because I’ve been wanting my own drill that’s lightweight instead of using Sammy’s heavy one and I got it! I told Sammy he’ll get a spa set for Father’s Day. If you know him, you know he’d enjoy it – haha!

Have a good week,

Rita

 

 

10 comments:

Twice Nice said...

You saved her! I can't believe her burn mark doesn't show a bit (darned Aliens). She's the bell of the ball again now! Way to go!

Megan said...

Ohhhh that turned out beautiful!! I got a smaller drill for xmas, I love it so much! Trying to use that heavy man one is a pain, even Oliver is always trying to steal mine and use it too :)

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

it looks so clean and minty fresh!!! BEAUTIFUL, rita! but mint was so yesterday. ;) ha ha- totally kidding!!!!

Kammy's Korner said...

Haha to Cassie above!!! Wow, that before was pretty hilariously awful! Looks so pretty now!

Liz - Imageremix said...

and...the worse the before, the better the after. Love the new look and such a steal for $5. It's got such pretty lines. I found you at Our Delightful Home's Show Me What You Got party.

Liz

Kristine @ Lovely Again by Kris said...

Ohmygosh it turned out to be so beautiful and for 5.00 freakin' dollars? Wow! great job, it's beautiful!

Pam said...

I have to say I like the redo better...great job.

~ Tami said...

Rita! Wow, glad you shared the top picture, what a mess! It turned out beautiful, you definitely know how to transform an ugly duckling! Please link up at our Friday Block Party link running all weekend.
http://tamicurbalert.blogspot.com/2012/05/friday-block-party-5-feature-from-party.html
Great job girl!
Tami

~ Tami said...

Thanks for linking up to last week's Friday Block Party. Whatcha been working on this week? Anything fun? I sold my first piece today - WOO HOO!!! This weeks party link is live now. Hope you will join us again and link up!
Tami @ Curb Alert!
http://tamicurbalert.blogspot.com/2012/05/friday-block-party-6-feature-from-party.html

blhitchcock901 said...

Well, I found you while visiting around. Hope you'll visit and follow as I am your newest follower. I do love your creations.