Monday, April 09, 2012

Tossed and Turned Tuesday- Humidor–Just say No

So after a few comments on my post Thursday, I’ve come to the conclusion that my new found mystery piece was in fact a humidor. I still don’t understand exactly what it’s purpose in life is nor how it was used, other than for storing cigars but in my mind I imagine that I saved this little guy from a future of black lung Smile

 

Also, I was pretty stumped on what it should look like and nothing seemed to speak to me so I went with this:

DSCN2134DSCN2138

Here’s the before shots:

Humidor_bef1Humidor_bef2 

And remember that funky red felt on the sides, well I have a great tip for getting that crap off! After trying like heck to scrape it off and getting nowhere fast, I just doused it with water and it came off pretty easy. See photos below.

Humidor_bef3DSCN2097

DSCN2102DSCN2103DSCN2104

This weekend I’m working on my kitchen cabinets and am not really having any luck BUT this piece is kind of a foreshadow post of how you make lemonade out of lemons.  muahhhahhahhahha

See you later and don’t forget to stop by parties I’ll be linking up to. See my link up party page at the top!

Rita

16 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

SUPER cute, rita! i love that the graphic picks up on the detail! pretty!

Twice Nice said...

LOL! I'm sure you saved it! So good to know what it really was. With all that pretty little trim it seemed more feminine to me than a humidor would, but then you gotta know some wife who had to put up with a guy and his cigars/pipes etc. probably took revenge by buying him that beauty! Looks so much better now! Way to go!

Stephanie said...

I could see this holding a lot of makeup and nail polish in a girls room. :) Or ribbons and hair bows.

Sally said...

Soooo cute, Rita!! Your designs are always so unique. And you know I love blue :)

Megan said...

Ohhh it tuned out so pretty! I looooove the color and the design on the front!

patti west said...

wow...this redone piece oozes with charm!!! I love your colors and the addition of the flower on the door is fabulous!! :)

Our Delightful Home said...

Amazing transformation! I also love the little details. I would love for you to link up to my Linky Party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Mrs. Delightful
www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Katie said...

This is awesome Rita! I love how you made such a masculine piece look so feminine! Ha!

Kammy's Korner said...

Oh my GOODNESS!!! That is a GORGEOUS whatever-it's-supposed-to-be piece of furniture now!!! Wow, you totally rocked that and I gotta show my mom. haha!

~ Tami said...

This piece is fabulous! I love the way it turned out!

Candy said...

This piece is PRECIOUS.......way too cute to have ever held CIGARS. And, your makeover was great.

I've just become your newest follower. Please come visit me at PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com and hopefully you'll follow back. 8-)

~ Tami said...

Thank you for linking up the the Friday Block Party at Curb Alert! I love how you put a feminine touch to this masculine piece! Hope to see you again next week!
Tami @ Curb Alert!

The Bold Abode said...

That is one crazy, super unique piece! It looks amazing!!! Popping in from Cassie's, Primitive and Proper.

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

This is so pretty, Rita. i love the painted flower...nice touch!

Christina said...

I really love everything about this project!! the color & details made it beautiful - great job! :)


I featured this on my blog today:
http://christinasadventures.com/2012/04/sunday-features-67-68.html

and I pinned it too!
http://pinterest.com/christinasadven/20-below-features/

Julie @ Knot All That I Seam said...

You did an amazing job! Looks gorgeous! I'm your newest follower. I love a roadside rescue. I'd love you to drop by my blog and see my roadside shopping redos. :) x Julie