Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Thrown Away Thursday–My Fireplace Facelift

Technically this isn’t a “thrown away” item (you probably figured that out already) but if I could’ve removed it and thrown it away, I really would have.

Here’s my blah brown fireplace.

DSCN1970

DSCN1971

It’s remained naked after Christmas when I took down the festive mantle and decided I was hating the brown. I’ve had all these ideas swirling around in my head but told myself that until I was certain what I wanted, it would remain in the buff.

Albeit’ I didn’t realize it would be four months later that imagination would suddenly strike, but it finally did and I don’t have to look at this anymore!

I also was a good wife and consulted my husband on my thought process and we settled for a happy medium. Actually, that’s a lie, I gave him some options that I liked and took the one idea he had and ran with it.

I hope you come back Tuesday to see what it looks like now.

Rita

5 comments:

Megan said...

Excting! Also I super love your table!!!! I'm dying for a huge wooden table like that!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i can't wait to see it!!!!

Andi @ Jane of all crafts said...

Oh I love painted fireplaces!! can't wait to see it!

Twice Nice said...

Oh my gosh! I can hardly wait to see what you came up with! It's such a huge focal point in your room so I know you came up with something stunning!

~ Tami said...

I agree with Megan, love the table. Looking forward to how it turns out! I would love for you to link up to my new Friday Block Party up now.
http://tamicurbalert.blogspot.com/2012/04/you-are-invited-curb-alert-block-party.html
~Tami
p.s. how's Andie doing?