Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Thrown Away Thursday–Ooh La La

Oh no, where the heck have I been???  Well, nowhere really just taking time off and I may have a pretty fire place to show for my lazy non-blogging self the past week.

So on to my treasure!

This is my latest cabinet that I really want to keep for myself. It was one of the items I got from the craigslist caller. I’m not revealing her name because I totally forgot it, but regardless I love her!!

DSCN2057

My deck looks disgusting I know but it’s on my “To Do” list so don’t be alarmed!

Isn’t this piece great?!!  I got it for $30 and it’s more than I’m used to paying but SO well worth it!!

I still get a kick out of the fact that pieces like these make my heart sing and all I get out of Sammy is “It smells like old people”. If we are not living proof that opposites attract, I don’t know who is!

 

STATUS

If you are wondering what happened to the little blue piece I was working on in my last post (from the same person), well I sent her for repairs.  Two broken parts were holding me back from completing it so I told my father-in-law to fix it. So it’s not in my possession at the moment.

Tomorrow my baby turns 15 so HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIANNA!!

Rita Winking smile

4 comments:

Megan said...

What an interesting piece! Gah I haven't painted any furniture in forever, I need a break from school!!! Can't someone just pay me to stay home and paint?? Happy Happy Birthday to Brianna!

Andi @ Jane of all crafts said...

I love all the details on that dresser! Happy Birthday Brianna!!

Twice Nice said...

I love that dresser, great find! It's something about those legs huh? Can't wait to see how you worked over your fireplace woes! Such a tease Rita. Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

ooh i love that! i can't wait to see what you do!