Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tossed And Turned Tuesday- Winning Nursery Dresser

I have to say guys, that I think I’ve found my new calling.  Maybe I’m over speaking but I really love working on little kiddie stuff like this nursery dresser. I have SOOOO much fun and love the fact that it feels like I’m creating a coloring book on furniture and the best part is painting it!!  I L-O-V-E (love) it!

Here is Bonnie’s new dresser that she is seeing for the first time now:

DSCN2009

Let me show you the inspiration piece from the Pottery Barn bedding she plans on using in the nursery.  This came directly from the Pottery Barn Website.  

img3o

I took this pillow and started planning my piece.

Here are the rest of the photos:

DSCN2008DSCN2007

I told her I’d incorporate the twins names on the pieces. She’s having a boy and a girl!!

DSCN2012DSCN2013

The lovely Owl!

DSCN2010

The Handsome Giraffe, who’s nose I messed up on, but it’s all better now!

DSCN2011

Now I want to show you the before and after of the top and back which isn’t something I normally do but I want you to see the differenceWinking smile

 

TOP ( this is actually the first photo Bonnie sent me when I told her she won) :

IMG20120206160619-M

AND AFTER:

DSCN2015

And these are clouds by the way..not blobs as I’ve been asked this.

 

AND THE BACK:

DSCN2006

YOU KNOW I COULDN’T LEAVE IT THIS WAY!

DSCN2014

And one last time, let’s see it before:

DSCN2003

Well Bonnie, I hope you love it as much as I loved transforming it. Also, I’ve very honored that you thought of me when planning this nursery for your new family!  From the bottom of my heart, thank you!

Love,
Rita

8 comments:

Megan said...

Oh my gosh Rita, you outdid yourself! This is freaking amazing and perfect for a nursery!!!!!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

that is the cutest thing ever!!!!! i love it!

Bonnie said...

I love it so much! I'm absolutely thrilled. Thank you, Rita!

Twice Nice said...

Ah, that is so stinkin' cute!!! Wonderful job!

Rita said...

THANKS GUYS!! I can't email you individually (yet) because I can't connect to gmail on my phone. But wanted to say thanks to each of you!!

Rita said...

AMAZING! You are so talented! xo, Rita

Katie said...

This is so cute Rita!! I love the banners on the side with the twins' names! Adorable!!

Kammy's Korner said...

That is so freaking fantastically CUTE. Rita, you are one of the best furniture makeover girls out there!!!!! In fact, I'm on your blog right now because I just primed two little end tables and now I'm not sure what to do with them. I always get inspiration from you! :)