Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tossed and Turned Tuesday- G-G-G-GROOVY!

 

DSCN1997

Last week, this chair was an orange leather mess.  Now it has a cool, funky vibe to it and of course…Groovy!

I honestly didn’t think I had time to work on it but managed to squeeze a couple of hours on Sunday night to finish the whole thing.  I guess you can tell that my material is off center on the top and I totally blame that on lack of time.  If you didn’t notice it, pretend I didn’t say anything!!

My friend Megan from Miss Madison’s Charmed Life told me about some spray paint from Rust-oleum that sprays on vinyl.  I intended to go buy some from Home Depot but didn’t have time to do much of anything.

unnamed

Instead I ended up using spray adhesive and basically pasted on material I had over the vinyl.  I have to say I love this fabric so I’m glad it turned out okay and I didn’t end up with a sticky mess!

Let’s see that before photo again:

Before

DSCN1981

And After::

DSCN1998

DSCN1999

DSCN2000DSCN2001

I for one think it looks MUCH better! And did you notice the fabric I chose (with the help of my oh-so-wonderful daughter Ashley!!) has those rustic browns and oranges still incorporated? Funny the way things work out!

Hope you have a wonderfully fantastic Tuesday!

Rita

4 comments:

Megan said...

Rita, I LOVE the fabric, it turned out so good and I didn't notice it was off at all :)

Bonnie said...

Wow - that's a huge transformation! It looks fantastic.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i LOVE this, rita! so fresh and funky and mod!

Katie said...

It is funky and groovy! I like how the white tempers down the retro pattern!