Monday, January 09, 2012

Tossed and Turned Tuesday–Curbside TREASURE!

I’m feeling pretty good about this one guys!!  Might find a place for it in my boring living room!

Curbside1

And the best part is it was ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!  Let me define….free!

  1. Table was found on the corner – Free!
  2. Paint was a gift from my mom for Christmas – Free!
  3. The stencil was in a stencil book from my sister – also a gift – FREE!!!
  4. Handles were left over from a project from last year – FREEEEE!!

Now let me show you what I started with and why my girls were afraid to touch it.

Curbside_Bef1Curbside_Bef2Curbside_Bef4

Not exactly what you want to pick up off the curb and bring into your home is it? But with a little imagination, colorful paint, and amazing stencils, this is what you can create!

I’m also reminded of when I was in school and my teacher wanted us to color in the lines.  I don’t think those rules applied to me. I love painting on furniture or seeing what I can come up with to really make them shine. I think this piece really captures “Curbside Creations”. I mean if you saw this on a corner would you pass it up?  I THINK NOT!

Curbside3Curbside2Curbside4

Granted, there are some spots that are worn more than others but I love this, bruises and all.

Have to say thanks again to Olivia for my SUPER AWESOME stencil book by Lotta Jansdotter and oops paint from my mom that was packaged so sweetly.  You guys are a big part of imagination that went into this table and so I thank you!!

Love,

Rita

27 comments:

Stephanie said...

It looks so good! I love it!!

Stephanie said...

I love it Rita. You have made it look so stinkin cute and if I had room, I would love to have something like that in my home!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

you should feel good about it.... it looks AMAZING! i love the two tones, and the pulls, and the stencil, and well all of it really.

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain said...

So, so pretty! And love something that's totally free!!

Twice Nice said...

Now that piece says "sassy" to me! You need to keep it. Love the checkerboard top and then that stencil...sigh. Love it! Deb

Meg and Mum's said...

Now that is so cute! Perfect colour! And the whole thing exactly within my price range. I'd love it if you'd share this at my Saturday Splendour Party which is still open :)
www.megandmums.com

{northern cottage} said...

oh my goodness - what a transformation! great color and distressing! love it! come on by for a visit and link up:

http://northerncottage.blogspot.com/2012/01/northern-cottage-party-time-tuesday2.html

Carol Bennett said...

Great job and all free!! Yippeee!
Carol in GA

Kammy's Korner said...

Rita, I love how it turned out!!! another "wow"! I saw it in it's before state last week and I was wondering what you'd do with it - you always pleasantly surprise me! And the "FREENESS" of it, you're such a girl after my own heart! haha

Megan said...

Ohhhhhh this is a total keeper! Love love love the stencil and color!! gorgeous Rita!

Anonymous said...

That's such a pretty color, and I love how the different grain directions on top came through - love it!

Bonnie said...

Sorry - Google sent my last comment before I could get my URL in. It was from Bonnie. :)

~ Tami said...

who could have imagined that beautiful top transformed from the scratchy hunk of junk? ... and the cute green - perfect! Well done my friend!
~Tami

Katie said...

This is awesome Rita!! I love how you always have some personal touch! The stencil is so cute! Love that color and the wood tone together!

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

Oh my! Curbside and oops paint are my 2 best friends. but how did you get the top to look so beautiful?

Andi @ Jane of all crafts said...

Umm...I am in love!!! I knew it would be awesome!! great job Rita! And I want that stencil book...I've been eying it for awhile :)

patti west said...

This is a jaw dropping make-over. I totally love it!!! The base color, the stencil, the hardware...you've really hit a home run with this piece. Complete awesomeness!!! (that is a word, right??) :) :)

the cape on the corner said...

oh my gosh. despite the cute shape, i probably would have left it right there where you found it. with that missing handle, it looked like the equivelant of an old and ratty stuffed animal missing an ear and an eye!

it looks amaaaazing now! what a great rescue.

Kimberly said...

LOVE THIS!! Seriously one of the best transformations I've seen in a long time!! Awesome job!

Dawn said...

I love everything about this end table! You did a great job!
I am your newest follower :)

Lynda said...

Fabulous table find!!! It turned out so lovely :) I love all the great curbside pieces & I am your newest follower. Please stop and visit me sometime at http://misstoristreasures.blogspot.com/

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Great table, great color, great vision! This is awesome!

Meg and Mum's said...

Hi Rita! Your cute table was featured today at Meg and Mum's! Come grab a button :)

DallyGirl @ Lifeat2810 said...

Love this table!! The top, the color, the details...so fun!!

Kim @ Too Much Time said...

Oh my! This is freaking awesome, I just pinned it and would be super excited if you came and linked up at my party-it is going on now through Monday night!

http://kim-toomuchtimeonmyhands.blogspot.com/2012/01/get-schooled-saturday-6.html

lynnegbosma said...

This is great. Love the natural wood that you left unpainted and stencil!

Karla Medina said...

Wow! You did such a good job with it. I love the color you chose. It looks beautiful. Can't believe someone tossed that. But glad you gave it a new home :)