Monday, January 16, 2012

Tossed and Turned Tuesday – Squared Away

I’m starting to get my life back on track after being out of work for a month and then with the holidays, it’s easy to have a month (plus) go by right before your very eyes! I feel like the dust is settling and I’m getting a chance to plan out my life now. Needless to say, I think this post title speaks true on different aspects of my life.

I’ve got some great plans for this year and can’t wait to get started!! First of which being a fun little give away at the end of this month with the winner being announced on my birthday, Feb.3.  There is a catch though, so stick around for more details.

On to the square table I picked up somewhere and gave a little transformation to.  Subtle changes can make a world of difference!

White_sq2White_sq1White_sq3White_sq4

I even painted inside the drawer with some left over paint I had.  I thought that was a good alternative to using paper since this drawer was so big.

Here are the before photos:

white_sq_before1white_sq_before2

Man that drawer is kind of nasty isn’t it? Ewww…but don’t worry I cleaned whatever that spot was. I scrubbed it so much Mr. Clean would have been proud.

All this took was a couple coats of oops paint , some light distressing, and wood stain. Handles were coated in Metallic spray paint since I STILL haven’t gone to get rubbed bronze yet.

On a side note..in case you ever hear me talk bad about nature, it’s because I’m not one with it. Never was, never will be.  Today a bird pooped on my hand while I was outside painting. What are the odds?!  I think its safe to say nature hates me too!

Happy blogging and stop back by soon,

Rita

4 comments:

Jeannie said...

Your piece turned out very nice! LOL about the bird poop...sorry!

maxwellhouseinteriors.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Hahahaha! You talk about the bird poop and I go back to the dead animal your cat brought in over Christmas! You crack me up! Great job on the table though! I'd say it's worth the bird poop hand! :)

Megan said...

ewwww bird poop :( Still funny though! The table is so pretty lightly distressed, paint fixes everything!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i like it! so much softer! and i got pooped on once on my shirt when chris and i were in FL for a weekend away. good times.