Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Thrown Away Thursday–Did you think I’d forget??

Since I’ve decided to downsize on all of my collectible junk or should I say…”curbside treasures”, it leaves me less of a selection to do my fun Thursday/Tuesday posts…HOWEVER….that doesn’t mean I can’t transform something I already have!!  AHEM… Like this guy for example.

MEET AJ!

He started out looking like this:

MemaChCbt_Bef1

Then he was transformed to this:

MemaChCbt2

And now he’s back to this:

DSCN1924

As you see, Ashley is modeling this stripped down jewel.  It was going to go to  my cousin Nora but it didn’t work out so I think I might just repaint it and keep it.  I’m undecided at the moment.

And just a note on Ashley’s socks…this usually means one of two things:

1. She is a bright shiny person and her socks reflect her spirit!

OR

2. She has such a messy room, she can’t find a pair that matches!

If you guessed “both” -  you’re right!

Don’t forget to sign up for my give away!! You know you want to!

Happy blogging!

Rita

6 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

love the socks! and i can't wait to see the new incarnation of this piece!

Victoria said...

I kinda liked him before.. :) My son is Aj.

Twice Nice said...

Just like we have the right to change a hairstyle on a whim...right? I'm sure it is going to be gorgeous. My daughter #2 has the matches to your daughters socks!! I just asked her this week if she could please come up with the missing mates for 11 socks, yes 11, and she says, "Mom, who cares if my socks don't match?" Um, the 11 socks sitting in my laundry room! Deb

Megan said...

haha poor ashley, must be rough having your mom publicize your mismatched socks :) ha ha! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with this time!

momma_drea said...

She looks just like you in that pic. : )

Christine L said...

I liked it gray. Can't wait to see what you do to it next.