Monday, December 12, 2011

Tossed and Turned Tuesday–Double Feature!

I’m in a particularly blue mood today which was fitting because today’s feature(s) are…well…blue.

This is what the side table looks like now:

Moroccan1Moroccan3

Now I call it my Mor-rockin’ piece. Get it? It looks Moroccan…kind of.  Ok well I think it does anyway. 

I cracked up when someone asked me if this used to be one of those ugly brown tables you see at thrift stores but would never buy.  “Yes” that would be the one.  

BEFORE:

Moroccan_Blue_Before1

PART TWO OF THIS POST:

I took this Mor-rockin’ piece with me to the outdoor market last month and even though I sold NOTHING, I actually got approached by a girl when I was loading up.She said this piece caught her eye.  She loved the color and was in need of a desk sooooo… we talked about her needs and within a week or two, I had this for her. 

BEFORE:

Dyandra_Bef1

AFTER:

Dyandra1

Never underestimate the power of Dollar Store shelf liner!!

Dyandra2

Her one request was that she envisioned a desk with crystall knobs.  Well I found them at Hobby Lobby for half price!!  Woohoo!!

So those are my two blue pieces for today. I hope you enjoyed them!

Oh and my baby is going to be 18 years old in a couple of days so you may see an even bluer post then as I comb through all the baby photos and read her baby journal and stuff and get depressed that she’s aging and I’m never changing.  Funny how that happens.

Have a happy December folks and may all the creative Christmas crafts flow!!

Rita Winking smile

7 comments:

Katie said...

Awesome!!! I love them both!! That blue desk looks friggin' awesome with the crystal knobs! Love it!!

Meg and Mum's said...

Fantastic work! I love the crystal knobs and the colour is perfect. I'm your newest follower. I'd love it if you'd link this up to my Saturday Splendour Party which is still open http://www.megandmums.com/2011/12/saturday-splendour-no-3_10.html
Megan :)

Megan said...

Sorry your having a blue day friend! Hope today is better, I heart the rocking blue items :) The crystal knobs are perfect on it!

Kammy Wielenga said...

Hellooooo to my favorite colors! Hope the blues transferred from you to the furniture! :)

~ Tami said...

so much cuteness! Hope your day turns bright and yellow!

samaa @ Honey Sweet Home said...

Love love LOVE the blue! It looks fantastic, great job! I see similar tables at thrift stores all the time and hardly think twice!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

oh i especially love it on the desk- so fun!