Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tossed and Turned Tuesday - Christi’s Treasures revealed!

First of all, let me tell you why December is ALWAYS busy for me.  I have Ashley’s birthday on the 14th (not including her party on the 17th), my anniversary on the 19th, my mom’s birthday on the 20th and finally Christmas! I’m already pooped!

Without further ado, here’s the Sewing Cabinet:

Christi_sew2Christi_sew1Christi_sew3

Her only request was that I make it look modern to go in her modern and clean lined home.  She has lots of white and the vintage look it had before was NOT going to work. Now she will use it as a side bar/liquor cabinet.

 L1000846L1000847

Reese’s Desk:

Remember this desk that belonged to Christi when she was a little girl?

L1000849

Her request was to give this outdated desk a Z gallery feel to fit in her daughter's style.  The room is currently gray and orange with lots of stripes and symmetry.  I apologize for the photos but I haven’t been home while the sun is out so I just snapped a few shots in my dining room for you to get the jist of what it looks like. These were taken a few minutes ago on my phone.

photo (4)photo (5)photo (6) (1)

I also kept the cushion the same.  She wanted that to stay since her father had reupholstered it himself.

I’ll see if she can snap better photos once it’s in Reese’s room.

Thanks for waiting so long to see my After shots!! 

Hope you have a great Christmas and if I don’t talk to you before then, have a safe and Happy New Year!!

Rita

2 comments:

Megan said...

Whew, you've been busy!!! The sewing cabinet turned out wonderful and that desk is super fabulous!!!! I love love love the stripes and her name on it!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

oh i am totally in love with that desk set- totally in LOVE!