Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Thrown Away Thursday–Christi’s Treasures

I met Christi through a client of mine a month or so ago.  It just so happened she was looking to restore some old treasures she had but couldn’t find anyone to help her out.

I don’t know how I even came into the conversation, but it’s a good thing I did(good for me any way)! It turns out, my client told her co worker about me and my creations, who then passed it along to his wife! Man try saying that five times fast. Six degrees of separation.

Anyway a few days later she contacted me asking if I could help with these pieces.  I’ve worked on one so far and am still working on the desk. It should be ready by Tuesday (I’m hoping!) so I can show you what I have in store.

This is Christi’s old desk when she was little. It needs to be transformed to fit her daughters room.

L1000849L1000850

I’ll also change up this old sewing cabinet she found.

Christi_sew_bef1Christi_sew_bef2

Stay tuned for Thursday’s post to see if this beautiful aged desk will make the cut to to pass from mother to daughter?! And…what will this sewing cabinet now be used for??? You’ll have to come back to find out!

Until then, happy blogging!
Rita Smile

3 comments:

Meg and Mum's said...

My heart skipped a beat when I saw this sewing cabinet! Gorgeous! I'd love something like that. Can't wait to see the final result of both. The desk is adorable :)

Megan said...

That desk is darling and I can't wait to see what you do with that sewing cabinet!!!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

ooooh sooooo cuuuuute! i can't wait to see the redos!