Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011 in Pictures and Captions

 

noel

I have to say I had a GREAT Christmas. It was at my house and we had a blast! Not to mention I got just about all that I really hoped to get!

 

On with the show!

tree

They say pictures are worth 1,000 words but just in case you need some background info for the photo, I'll throw that in for you.

Family and friends at my house! My sister(in black) flew in from Chicago on Christmas Eve!

ash 3

fam

This is my mother in law. She took all of these lovely photos and YES I know she’s beautiful and doesn’t look a day over 25!

mema

This is the mantle. You can’t really tell from here but our initials are SRAB which if rearranged ( and they ALWAYS are) they spell BRAS. The kids arrange them that way EVERY YEAR!

mantle

Reese wearing her Christmas tree shirt and as usual, in a bahumbug mood!

reese

This is me, my sister Andrea (dre) and my mom. Oh and yes my bra strap. Sorry, I don’t have photoshop so what you see is what you get. And in case you’re wondering why I didn’t wear a black one, well now I’m asking myself the same darn question!

mom, dre, me

Ashley and her pumpkin roll… yes it was a Christmas present!

ash rollash

Brianna got a set of Copic Markers she’s had her eye on for a while. Oh and that’s my brother in the background. he currently lives in Phoenix AZ. He’s the yoyo champion of the world!! No kidding!

bri

Brianna also has a HUGE sweet tooth so we thought it would be funny to wrap up this huge chocolate tootsie roll that has tootsie rolls inside. She loved it!

tootsie rool (1)

This picture is my favorite! My sister is a good cook and has been dying to get new Paula Deen pots and pans. She’s a single mom and it’s hard to splurge so we got them for her.This is her reaction! Priceless!!

pots

And Yes I got my Purdy Brush Set…Two of them !! haha

purdy brush

Not to mention lots of gift Cards!

rita

Me and Reese Snuggling!

rita and reese

2nd Annual “$5 Gift Card Exchange” which Sammy won!!

gamesam wins

And last but certainly not least… The Christmas present KUNU brought in the house AGAIN!!  Another dead squirrel…on Christmas Eve…amongst friends… dead squirrel… that he placed…under the tree… ugh!

squirrel 4

Sammy the Hero…disposing of the carcass while we all scream in horror!

squirrel 2

HOPE YOU CHRISTMAS WAS WONDERFUL AND HOPEFULLY LESS ADVENTEROUS!!

Rita

4 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my gosh!! I cannot stop laughing at that dead squirrel! Simply hilarious!! You guys look like a fun bunch - and I love that $5 gift card idea! Glad you guys had a good Christmas! Hope you have a good New Year too!

Twice Nice said...

Oh, my gosh, the squirrel, LOL!!! I can only imagine... What a beautiful family, and I think my fav picture is your sister with her new pots and pans. She will so enjoy that gift. Happy New Year Rita!

Megan said...

Finally some pics of you on here, you look great even with the white bra strap :) Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas, minus the dead squirrel of course!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

you crack me up! your family looks like so much fun- seriously! and you can tell how much you guys really love each other.
and i personally think the dead squirrel makes it one of the most memorable christmases EVER!!!! love it! ha ha!
an you look beautiful- did you cut your hair? i thought it was longer- it looks awesome!!!!