Monday, November 21, 2011

Fabric Topped Table

I’ve posted about this table before, then I had some issues with my pictures and I had to take it off! Also, in all honesty they weren’t even great pictures so I’m just going to post about it again!

Fabric 4

Below is a photo of the table I stared off with.  It’s a $2 garage sale find (those are the best ones, I know!)

Fabric Before

Then of course I have great plans for it and it bombed!

I was so excited to use my blue tape but when I pulled it up, up came the paint too.  Never underestimate the importance of primer!

Fabric    Fabric-oops

So as I say with all my furniture pieces, if it isn’t meant to be, it just isn’t. I decided to do something quite different than the original idea I had.

I found some old fabric at a vintage shop. In my mind it was AMAZING!!  It even had an old smell to it….you know the kind that makes your heart skip and your husband gag.  That’s the one!!

I used fabric stiffener on it and the end result was a paper like material.  I cut it down to size and used spray adhesive to glue it down and believe me it’s not going anywhere. 

So now we have this cute retro rocking table. I think it was meant to be this way.  If furniture could talk…I think this one would say “Thank You”!

Just look at this freakin’ AWESOME material!!

Fabric 3

fabric 2

FabricTop

 

This table went from unprimed and peeling to Pretty and Perfect!!

It’s currently for sale at my etsy shop. If you’re looking for a piece that is perfect for your room, it is well behaved, house trained, obedient, and loves children!

See you tomorrow!

Rita

2 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

adorable! love the color on that fabric!

patti west said...

This table is seriously cool!! I love that fabric too!