Sunday, November 06, 2011

Before and After and After Again!

Sometimes I finish painting a piece of furniture and I realize, I really don’t like it at all.  Then it sits there and the more it sits there, the more I dislike it. 

When that happens I usually get out my sandpaper, paint stripper, drill, saw, you name it.  Anything that’ll get me the end result I want. 

So let me take you back about a month or so ago when I found this stool:

006 (2)

It is solid wood, a little bowing on the seat, some dents and scratches, but all in all a small cute little stool! Plus it was two bucks so how could I resist?

I saw this look on different blogs I follow where you tape off part of the bottom of the legs and stain it, while you paint the rest. So you sort of get this awesome two toned look.  Like this:

022

I really liked it at first.  But as the days went by I saw too many imperfections and knew it needed a change. 

After looking through some fabric scraps I had, I decided to give this masculine looking stool a feminine change.

Now it looks like this:

007 (2) 008 (2)

What do you think? Much better right?

Tomorrow is Tossed and Turned Tuesday and work update!

See ya later,
Rita

4 comments:

Laura said...

Your redo is fantastic

Katie said...

Well, I loved the first after! But I love the second after too! :) It's interesting seeing it two different ways!!

ashlie said...

Wow, what a difference! I really like the two-toned look (and I'm a sucker for any turquoise colour!) but I love the new look too! You're so creative, Rita!

Megan said...

While I loved it the first time {totally my fav color!} I really digging the black and white fabric!