Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tossed and Turned Tuesday's TV Stand


This is my version of Mint Chocolate chip on furniture!

I have to say it looks better in person and now that I have more time, I can actually stage some stuff but this big guy will have to do outside for now!

Here's the top view!! woo hoo!

Side View:

Here's how I accomplished the look.
First I painted it an oops paint color that was in my mind minty.

I left the top alone because I knew I wanted it to be stained dark so after the paint dried I masked it off with my "new" 3M tape that I won. (amazing)

I couldn't adjust the settings in order for you to see the dark stain and green paint so for sake of argument lets just say you can tell that this is Dark Walnut Stain on minty green paint. :)


I just slapped a light coat all over with my sponge brush and wiped away right after.


Next (as in today since the darn thing didn't dry until last night) I'll add some Minwax Finishing Wax to seal it.

And although my before photo probably looks a lot better than my after, I promise it has more character and depth than the 80's look it was rockin' before. Trust me!

linking up at :
Rita

3 comments:

Katie said...

This turned out awesome Rita!! LOVE the stained top!!

momma_drea said...

I love it, I cant wait to see it in person.

PeggyJean said...

wow this turned out so great!