Monday, October 31, 2011

Tossed and Turned Tuesday- Cute Mod Table!

Ok guys so I told you I love fun small projects and now you’ll see why!!  Here is the small cutesy (odd priced) table that I did over the weekend:004007008006

What do you think??

I LOOOOOVVVVVEEEE it!!

I especially love that I can do something quick and get that instant gratification..know what I mean?

I knew I wanted a give the front some sort of print but didn’t know exactly what, so I figured I couldn’t go wrong with shapes, but what shape?  I asked Ash and she said squares while I originally thought circles so I compromised. I googled rectangle shapes and found this lamp shade.  It was my inspiration for the front.

download

Total I spent less than $10.00 on the whole thing.!!

Lets see the before and after again shall we…

031 (1)007033004

 

* A side note from all the blog help I got the other day.  I have downloaded Windows Live Writer and I believe (thus far) that it will save my life.  I haven’t posted this yet so I can’t say for sure because it’s so easy that it’s almost to good to be true!! I’m going to wait until I hit post and see if I crash my computer or something.  But so far so good!!  Thanks to all of my lovely blog friends who came to my rescue!!

Oh and in other news we went to visit our last college this past Saturday.  Soon we will be sending my baby girl off to college.  I’m too young for this!! 

Thanks again and yes I’m still LOVIN’ LIFE!!

Rita Smile

12 comments:

Katie said...

Umm, love this! This is awesome Rita!! Your design goes perfect with the style of the table! Seriously awesome!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

oooh rita i LOVE it!!!! it's awesome!

Perfect Imperfections by Jeanne said...

Very cute Rita! I really love the graphics you added.

ashlie said...

LOVE!

Twice Nice said...

Totally awesome! Has a very groovy/hip feel to it. It's a true stunner!'Deb

Megan said...

Did you freehand that front? Amazing! I love the colors too! You look WAY to young to have a daughter going to college :)

Olivia said...

that's so cute reed! it looks like a record storage cabinet to me. that would totally sell on etsy!

patti west said...

hi Rita, I'm new to your blog...but saw this table and said "shut-up!". Out loud. To myself. :) Totally diggin' the new look of this fresh & fun piece!!

Kammy Wielenga said...

This is the reason I love your stuff so much. It's NEVER same ole' same ole'!!! Always inspiring!! Thanks for linking up at Trash 2 Treasure Tuesdays on the Korner.

Courtney said...

Gorgeous work!! This is so cool, love it!!

Lesley said...

awesome!! I just pinned this little piece. Want a friend to see it...

Tami said...

Gotta love that instant gratification! Great job.
~Tami