Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Thrown Away Thursday- My Baby Brother's Chair

This chair has been around my family for over twenty years!! It belonged to my brother Miguel, then my sister after that, when they were little. That was over 20 years ago. Since then, they have both graduated from college and are living in Phoenix and Chicago. I'm very proud of them!!
A couple of weeks ago my mom gave it to me and asked if I could do something with it. They didn't want to throw it away especially since they have a "Trash to treasure creative guru" in the family. (way to toot my own horn! toot toot!) haha.



Since I'm a big sis and all, I feel it's my duty to embarrass my younger siblings so here are fun facts for each:

1. Miguel (whom is now one of the best Yo-Yo champions of the world-literally!!) used to spend his days at the supermarket filling his little sweat pant pockets with as much candy as he could fit in them. They would literally protrude out of the sides. When my mom told him stealing candy was against the law, he would run to the next aisle, dump his stash and head back...only to do the same thing the next trip to the store!

2. Olivia (the fashionista in Chicago and my kindred spirit)- used to play hide and seek with us. Only when we found her behind closet doors or drapes, she was completely naked. She was a toddler at the time but always, always nude! We never knew why. Guess she was too good for the store brand clothes she had on. Fashion was in her blood even then.

Ok, guys sorry for the embarrassing memories but I just had to. I love you both and am even more proud of you than you can ever imagine!
Rita

2 comments:

Olivia said...

hahaha, i love you reed.

momma_drea said...

I got no sprinkles on meeee
I got no sprinles on meeee
Come on, come on, come on
I got no sprinkles on meeeeee..