Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Thrown Away Thursday- $5 Plant Stand

I think I'm notorious for making an object appear squished in a photograph. I need to get some advice from my friend Susie on how to make a shot look angled and not distorted! Oh well...

This week I'm taking this $5 find and hopefully (crossing fingers) giving it a great transformation. I hate the dark color. It needs life don't ya think?


Also, you know I'm fond of old furniture and all, but I have a confession to make. I really don't like leather on furniture. Call me crazy but I prefer it on clothing or shoes. I'm just sayin'!
Thank goodness these little leather tortillas came off like peeling a band aid of a scratch.
Off to visit a college for Ashley this weekend so I'll have little time this weekend to work on this. Then to an Indie fair on Sunday, so that's why say "crossing fingers".
Hope you have a great rest of the week!
Rita

3 comments:

Megan said...

I don't like leather on furniture either! yuck!

Anonymous said...

What a cute stand!

flippinfactory said...

Love your blog. How can I subscribe to it?