Friday, October 21, 2011

I'm Free!

beep...beep...beep...This just in....Rita of this here ol' furniture transformation blog just lost her day job today.

Normally I'd say oh no, but it is truly such a relief. It's been a long time coming and I've needed desperately to get out. My soul needed a change and that's just what it got. I called my sister and told her and she was ecstatic. She told me "come to my job, I'll buy you lunch and we'll get through this!" When I got out of the car she was standing there with her arms open and I yelled (from the movie Beaches) "Free at last, free at last, Thank God Almighty I'm free at last". Then we ran to each other and hugged. It was awesome! She knew exactly what I was feeling.

So next on the agenda is getting working on some furniture for next months market!

I'm happy to start a new chapter and if you start to see a change in my blogging demeanor that just means a huge weight has been lifted. A weight that has been weighing me down for quite some time now and literally draining me of my sunshiny excellence!! I really am a positive person... I've just had to get a kick in the pants to find her!

Wish me luck out there!!

Rita

7 comments:

~ Tami @ Curb Alert! said...

Congratulations! I am sure you will find joy in your new endeavers.
~Tami

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

woo hoo! i am happy for you, i think! ;)

ashlie said...

Congratulations on getting what you needed!

Megan said...

Wow I'm pretty sure I've never seen anyone happier to lose a job :) Good for you, can't wait to see what the future holds for you!!

Andi @ Jane of all crafts said...

Yay!! So happy that you are happy!

momma_drea said...

Oh people if you only new what she has gone threw. Im so happy for you Rita and I know things will end up better then you expect. Close one door and open another.
I love you and Proud of you my Sister!!

Deanna said...

I know exactly what you mean. I was the admin (secretary) and we were going through layoffs. I was 5 months pregnant and knew i was on the chopping block (uh, hello, boss, i can see your email) but when it happened I felt so free and happy.