Monday, October 03, 2011

The Best Part of Junkadoodle...

...is the visitors!!

I had two little visitors at the flea market this past weekend (not to mention some great friends) but these little girls are just precious!!

This is Judith! She's my friend Susie's (aka graphic, photographer, website genius) daughter. I love this picture with her tongue sticking out, and look at those legs!! I think she's eyeballing something from another booth!

And do you see a familiar face here? Well if your a big fan of Megan at Miss Madison's Charmed Life then you'll recognize this familiar fist pumping, energetic tot!! I wanted to squeeze her when I saw her but then it hit me that she's never met me and I'm totally a stranger even though I feel like I helped raise her. It still amazes me how friendships grow without even actually knowing someone in person!!

She really liked the little pink swing that is actually a family heirloom so to speak so she took it home with her. In fact a neighbor at the market asked if the cute little girl on the pink swing playing a game (on her mom's phone plying angry birds) got the chair. I told her yes and she said "Oh good! She looked adorable on that swing!".

And lastly here is another look at my mishap from last week:



This is the final outcome. It didn't sell at the market but at least it looks tons better!! I ended up mod podging old vintage fabric to it. What do you think?




Rita

7 comments:

Laura said...

It looks great.

Katie said...

It turned out great with the fabric!! Great save! It looks so cute with those birds too!! Hope the day was a success!

Bonnie said...

Can't believe I missed it! This weekend got away from me. I think the table looks great!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

way to make lemonade out of lemons! that table turned out perfectly! i love the fun top! glad you got to meet megan- she is so sweet!

Megan said...

Madison loves her swing! I'm so happy I got to some and see you and I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE 5TH! we are going to have a blast!!!!!

~ Tami @ Curb Alert! said...

Just came across your blog! Love it, what great inspiration. Pls check out my new blog, Curb Alert! I would love some tips from you and for you to follow along as well. It's a fun obsession - love your creativity! Cannot wait to see what you come up with next!
Tami

Rita said...

@Bonnie- I know...I thought I might see you there but you really didn't miss much. It was a really slow day guess due to the fair. But it was at least a beautiful day!!
@Tami - thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm heading to yours now.

Oh and don't forget to link your email to your blog so I can comment back! Thanks- Rita :)