Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tossed and Turned Tuesday-

StellaDallas Suit Case

I wanted to try my hand in completely gutting and modpodging an old suit case and when I stumbled upon this one, the ideas started rolling.
I realize this isn't a great picture with the shadow from the tree ;o but I think the paper and the trim were just what this old guy needed.
The materials I needed for this project was:
  1. Rustoleum's Metallic finish for the handle and clasps.
  2. Rustoleum's Gray for the trim- of course I don't remember which exact color because I tossed the can when I was done (sorry)
  3. Left over Ikea material from another project
  4. StellaDallas patterned paper (love)
  5. Mod Podge!! (what would my life be without you!)
I loved this fun under $10 project!! And although I'm not the sewing type (ain't that the truth), hot glue and spray adhesive worked wonders!
Let's take a look at this $2 beauty before shall we:


Again VERY busy weeks ahead so If I don't see you for a while, have a great week!!
Love,
Rita

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

This turned out really cute! I've been wanting to do a vintage suitcase as a craft case - this is a great idea for how to redo the outside.

Missey said...

Deeeeeeeeelightful! Really really cute!

Rita said...

Thanks Bonnie and Missey!!

Olivia said...

oh my god rita! so in love!!

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, this turned out so dang cute!!! Love it! Now I want to go find a suitcase to redo!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

that is so cute! it would be adorable for doll clothes!

Erica & Betsy said...

Wow that turned out great!!!

Mod Podge Amy said...

This is awesome! Love how you re-did the inside!

Kammy Wielenga said...

Rita! Thanks for giving me the kick in the pants I needed! I have this exact suitcase I picked up for a quarter once and I use it to display/haul around my headbands to craft shows. Can you believe I've been using it "as is"? Ugh! I wish I could just hire you to give it a makeover for me! Too bad you live in TX!!! :) I just LOVE what you did to this one!