Thursday, September 01, 2011

Thrown Away Thursday - table and inappropriate attire!



This is next up on my list of "To Do's" for the weekend. Have to say with all the heat in Texas it's getting harder and harder to go outside especially after working a full day at work. And let's just say work isn't too pleasant these days. Some days it's just good when someone says more than two words to me :(

On another note, Ashley got in trouble for inappropriate attire at school. YES- it's only been five days into the school year. NO- it wasn't my top (but I do want to borrow it).

She said the reason she got in trouble was that it was showing, in their words "too much arm". It's a top I got her from NY& Co. that has straps, slightly bigger than a bra strap but not too skinny to be considered a spaghetti strap. Anyway they made her wear a purple honor society T-shirt to cover her up. Again, I thought she looked pretty but I guess what the hell do I know???

She honestly didn't look bad at all, I promise.

She said the nice thing about the T-shirt is that it felt like a big hug that she wore all day. Awww...what a way to look on the bright side :)

Should I be upset about this???

Thank goodness it's Thursday.


Rita

5 comments:

Megan said...

Ummm I have that exact table sitting in my garage :) Are you really surprised? ha! At least she was a good sport about it, schools are a little nutty about the dress codes now!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i love that little table! can't wait to see your magic worked on it. :)
and man rita, short shorts and strappy tanks... what kinda girl are you raising?? ha ha! totally teasing you!

Andi @ Jane of all crafts said...

Cute table, would be perfect for my girls' room! ;) Wow dress codes have really changed since I've been in school!

Ellen said...

Love the lines of the table!.....and I wouldn't make a huge deal of the dress code thingy.....let it be like water off a goose's back....good for you and good for her!....smiles.

SaltAndPepperMakers said...

The dress code on my daughter's school is that straps should be "lasagna" width or 3 fingers wide approximately. It makes it so much easier to decide what's acceptable and what's not, though unfortunately, a lot of the cute clothes out there don't have those same guidelines.