Monday, September 05, 2011

T&T Table and My Free Jewel Reveal

(don't mind my html craziness going on here. It goes from blue to black text and some underlining ??? ugh...good ol' html issues!!)

Last weekend I came across this small table and turned it from this:
To This:

But this one... Wow this one really left it's mark on me. In fact when the guy said I could have it free, I ditched my friend and went home to pick up my Explorer and picked it up before he could give it to anyone else!

I think with all the lines and curves and KNOBS(!!) I really couldn't get a handle on what I wanted to do so after my first attempt didn't work out I came up with this.


Since my husband loves Espresso's and dark furniture and I love all things Color, I thought this was nice compromise. I even drew on some flowers with my dremel tool to add to the curves and lines of this piece.

I'm so excited to have it in my entry way and can't wait to come home to it tomorrow rather than the (stupid) computer that was there before!! I can't even begin to tell you.

Let me know what you think. Did I do it justice?

Hope you all had a great long and cool weekend!!

Rita

8 comments:

Megan said...

Wow Rita! Love love love love the second one! That flowers adds just the right touch! You little creative genius :)

Susie Otto said...

Wow I really love the way they both turned out! Awesome job, as always :)

Stephanie @ Silver Boxes said...

That's gorgeous! I love the curves & the flowers you added. Just beautiful, Rita!

Stephanie said...

Wow Rita, it really did end up being a jewel! The first one was pretty, but the second one... wow. I stoped my husband from what he was doing and showed him. It is perfect.

Rita said...

Thanks for all of your sweet comments! It took multiple attempts so your compliments are extra appreciated! :)

Kate@TwentySixToLife said...

What a neat piece! Looks great!

My name is Ali... said...

OMG, what a transformation!! Love what you did with the dark and the flowers...great accent piece! Great job!!

Ali
http://just-a-bowl-of-cherries.blogspot.com/

SaltAndPepperMakers said...

Love how you played up the strong graphical lines of the piece. It looks fantastic. Great job! ~Pepper