Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New Kitchen Island!

Here she is, my new improved kitchen island!





In her new spot in the kitchen!

...and in case you were wondering...these letters stand for:
Sammy, Rita, Ashley, Brianna, Tubby, Reese and Kunu.



I wanted the top to look like vintage crates so I had fun with all these ideas that crossed my mind and endedu up going with just about all of them. I wont be using this top for cutting but more as an additional space.


This is before the new top:










And this is when I brought it home from the church garage sale!


Also I need to add that the only way I could get inside photos of this island was with the help of my photographer friend Susie. She seems to always be helping me out of binds these days. Check out her site SusieOtto Photography!






Thanks again!
Rita






posting here:













9 comments:

Laura said...

That is just awesome

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

wow, rita! it looks awesome!!!! i love the look you gave it! great idea!

Bonnie said...

That looks fantastic! Perfect look for it.

Twice Nice said...

That is soooo cool!

ashlie said...

Love it!

Andi @ Jane of all crafts said...

Oh wow! That is really amazing, LOVE the top!

Ellen said...

Excellent!....smiles

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and a little bit vintage said...

lovely island! wish my kitchen was big enough for one. :)

Olivia said...

fan-freaking-tastic!! i love it reed.