Monday, August 15, 2011

Tossed and Turned Tuesday-
TOTALLY TERRA COTTA

Pretend this has a beautiful background before continuing on. Got it?? OK now you can continue looking...

This is the kitchen island I picked up at a church garage sale for $25.00. It's more than I ever pay but so needed. And I'm totally loving the way the color looks.



Sammy gave his input to the colors and mentioned it should match our stone back splash so I kept that in mind when painting the shelf. Does it pass for stone ?? Hope so.



I'm not quite finished with the top. Still needs a coat of stain and maybe a little embellishment in the "stencil" field without having Sammy scream that it's too girly. We'll see about it anyway.

Once it's in the kitchen I'll rephotograph it and follow up with a post-post (get it, haha, I crack myself up)!!

Once again, here is what it looked like before it was Terra Cotta transformed...I'm on a roll!!



Rita

4 comments:

Megan said...

Love the terra cotta and the shelf does look like stone! Great job!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

how fun to be able to work on a piece to keep! :)

Deanna said...

Love the terra cotta! But I have to say before I read the text I looked at the white shelf and thought "hmm- wonder if she is gonna paint longhorns on the sides of the white."
Which, in our household would be a totally accepted thing. So- it looks little 'horny to me. *grin* Longhorny, that is.

Stephanie said...

Beautiful!