Monday, August 22, 2011

Tossed and Turned Tuesday-
Nancy's Modern Mirror



I don't know if someone will tell me this mirror was worth millions and I ruined it, but I have to say Nancy did look into it and made the decision to repurpose it (so don't hate me).

We both agreed that gold is a little dated unless you really know how to make it work in a room, but with her decor, we knew nickel would work best.

We actually did try different color options from tan, to marble decorative balls, to finally nickel and black. Simple yet strong!
Since Nancy just moved into her new home in Houston,she hasn't sent me a picture of it hanging yet but when she does I'll post it here.

This is what it looked like before.



It's amazing how you take a photo and then later realize what's in the reflection. Like her cat Buddy in this one. In the one above, you can see me all sweated up trying to crop myself out of the picture while getting a good shot...not pretty.

Do you spy a drill in any of these photos?

Also on a good note, the creativity fairy paid me a visit today so I'll have a surprise coming up in a day or so. Yay, can't wait to share!

See you guys with some cool photos very soon!!
Rita

2 comments:

Megan said...

I love unique mirrors, this one is fabulous!

Sarah said...

Nice! I love ornate mirrors!