Monday, July 18, 2011

Tossed and Turned Tuesday-
Deb Inspired Table

The creative juices came to me by way of Deb from Twice Nice. She heard my plea and gave me a rather unusual idea. " Why not look at coffee mugs for inspiration?" she said. I started googling images of coffee mugs and tumblers and found a design on one that reminded me of paper I had recently acquired at a thrift store. The paper wasn't big enough to decoupage but I loved the print so I 'free handed' it onto this table.

The color on top is Celery Green and the blue is an "oops" paint blue.

I painted the print in off white and outlined it with a white paint pen I purchased at Michael's.






In all I'm very happy with the result and happier that Deb helped me out of my rut.

I'm telling you the ideas started pouring, but this one made the cut!!


Here's the before again for your viewing pleasure.



Thanks so much for stopping by and I realize it's still Monday but I couldn't wait any longer.

Oh and if you haven't checked out my posting of the pets...stop by and leave a comment or caption. The ones so far are hysterical!!
Rita

5 comments:

Twice Nice said...

Rita, thank you for mentioning me, but you really didn't have to! It's funny how your mention of morning coffee triggered such a silly thought, but look what comes of that. The table is FABULOUS! You have some wonderful talents to freehand that pattern. Can't wait to see what's next in your lineup!
Deb

Megan said...

Love it! I'm so jealous of your art skills, freehanding is not my thing, I can't even draw a straight line :) I love your color choices too!

Andi @ Jane of all crafts said...

So unique and AWESOME!! Beautiful detail. Great job!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

you seriously amaze me with your "freehand" work! fabulous job my friend!

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

Super unique! Thanks for sharing:)