Monday, July 25, 2011

Tossed and Turned Tuesday-
Blast from the Past

I have to say I have a rather large WEAKNESS for older furniture. I love the lines, the AWESOME(NESS) hardware, and the groovy bodies they have. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

The best way to modernize this piece was to give it a bright face lift. My choice was this Robyn's Egg Blue color!




Here's the before: rather battered and broken and yellow...



On another note, I had a typical Monday. Doctor appointments for the girls which I couldn't go to because the car battery was dead. I had to reschedule but the next available is in October. Oh and I'm out of vacation days so today was unpaid. Yeah...Good Ol' Mondays.

Hope yours was better.
Rita

5 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE this piece!!!!! I love the lines and the colors - everything!! Sorry your Monday sucked - why can't we all just win the lottery and just work on furniture/crafts full time?!

Megan said...

Sorry about your crappy day :( I am lusting over your gorgeous dresser though, that color is BEAUTIFUL!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i love it, too!!!! so soft and pretty and vintagey! :)

momma_drea said...

this looks so much better on a big screen. I love the white in it.

ruth ann said...

What color is this? Brand? I love it. I want to paint a room this color! I am forever on the the perfect minty green/teal hunt.