Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Thrown Away Thursday - The Missing Link!

I didn't notice when I purchased these tables that there is A HUGE CHUNK MISSING off of the front of one of them. Crap! How could I miss that??? I think I was distracted by their $3 ea. price tag that I literally snatched them up and didn't take a second look. :(

Oh well! I originally pictured these in a darker gray but when I started painting them, it just didn't feel right. So I asked for help on my Face book page. Nora, my cousin suggested pink for a little girls room. I did like pink however the already dark gray color would mean that I would have to re strip, repaint and hope for a light color outcome. Coreana suggested light gray with antiquing and that worked!

I figured with the missing piece, it screamed "hello, I've led a long life and am worn the heck out", so I painted them that way. What do you think?


Here they are before:



I'm currently having my blog background worked on so bare with me for the time being.


I hope you all had an excellent weekend and didn't get TOO much sun!! I'll see you Thursday for another one of my favorite side tables that I picked up this weekend.


bye!



Rita

6 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

it's not a big deal at all- they look great! but by the title of your post my head went to monsters vs aliens. :)
the blog looks great- very fresh and clean!

Chrissie said...

I cant even tell where there is a missing piece. They look great!

dmccmc18 said...

They look great!

Chasing Whimsy said...

They look great... But I would have busted out the saw and wood filler and cut the rest off to match the missing one and filled any holes and then painted them :)

Chasing Whimsy said...

They look good...But I would have busted out the saw and wood filler and cut the three off to match the broken one and filled any holes and then painted :)

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

I must be blind cause I don't see that missing chunk...they look fantastic!