Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Thrown Away Thursday- My Freebie Desk!






I'm thinking about writing a post on hardware. Meaning knobs and pulls that I come across that say so much to me. Part of me says "don't judge a book by it's cover" but come on...how can you not with such intricate hardware that is decades old and simply gorgeous. That's it...this topic is "to be continued".

I got a text the other day from my friend Angie asking if I wanted this desk. I all but yelled "YES" at the phone and typed as fast as my fingers would go. She said she was getting rid of it, and would be willing to give it to me free. Hello?!?!
I almost cried!!

So here it is. I'm already thinking about possibilities. There's lots of techniques I've been wanting to try and one of them just might make it on this piece.

Of course you'll have to wait and see on Tuesday but for now if you have any suggestions, I'm always willing to listen.

Have a GREAT Thursday and be looking for my 'hardware' post soon!
Rita

3 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i love it, rita! i think a cool chevron design on the drawers to mimic the existing woodgrain would be cool!

Megan said...

Love it and love free!!!! Can't wait for the hardware post, I found some super cute knobs at Home Goods the other day, now I just need time to get something painted to put them on :)

Twice Nice said...

Oooh, cool piece! Go do your "abracadabra" magic on it!