Monday, June 06, 2011

Tossed and Turned Tuesday
Take me out to the Mall!!

Yay! I finished my project and just in the nick of time too!!

So let's rewind to last week when my best friend Cindy brought over a rocking chair and said " I have a project for you and it has to be done by 4pm Saturday for my niece's baby shower".

The Mission- Take a boy's baseball themed rocking chair and paint it too match this Cocoa Coutoure Baby Nursery. With time running out I did what I could (so forgive the pictures below as I took them the day of).

Here's my inspiration- photo taken off the registry:



Now fast forward to Saturday 11 AM, and here is the after. WHAT DO YOU THINK?



The Seat: Free handed I might add. I blew up the photo of the lamp and used it as my guide.

You can barely see the back but I thought a nice touch would be to say it was from "Aunt Cindy" with love.


And lastly, here's what the rocking chair looked like before it went from "Take me out to the ball game" to "Take me out to the mall".

Thanks again for checking out my Tossed and Turned Tuesday creation! I hope you liked it~
Rita

9 comments:

Blessed Rain said...

Amazing! One of the best ever so far!

Kre8ive Life said...

Your chair is great. I love your blog. It is fantastic for inspiration. I do some furniture renovation for a community group that I am part of that does home makeovers for women and children that have fled domestic violence- http://lotus-interiors.blogspot.com/. Your blog does great things for my soul when the inspiration has all dried up. Thanks

Megan said...

wow Rita! You are so talented, I super heart love it and I'm sure she will too!!!!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

what a huge improvement! it looks perfect for the inspiration room!

Marianne & Clayton said...

Ok, this is what I get for skimming. When I saw the baseball chair I thought that was an "after". I am so relieved to know that your taste hasn't flown out the window, just my focusing skills.

Rita said...

Marianne that is hysterical!! that made me crack up. I can imagine your face when you saw it. :)

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful! I can't believe how pretty the seat is and I love how you signed it on the back.

susan said...

Love this!! Cannot believe you free handed the painting. What a lucky baby girl!!

Erin said...

Wow! Way to go! Can't believe you free-handed those beautiful designs! Love it!