Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tossed And Turned Tuesday - India Inspired Chair!

Whew! What a week. First Mothers day, then teenage drama yesterday, I almost forgot to post my reveal pictures today.

So...does this scream "India Inspired" to you?

I have to say I could not find material that would go with this pillow anywhere!! Nothing really had that India feel and I knew It needed to be gold so I went out to a store near me called Namaste India and purchased a Saree. I took the pillow with me and asked the girl behind the counter to help me match it and it was perfect!! I have tons left over for my next project for Tarana. By the way she hasn't seen the chair yet so I hope I met her expectations.



I got all the wrinkles out with steam. You can see some creases here and there but it's fixed now. Here is a top angle so you can see the material.
Again, this is what we started with:


Hope you liked it.

Rita.

I'm posting this (as with just about all my transformations ) over at Cassie's Primitive and Proper for her Wednesday Link up Party. Make sure you stop by on Wednesdays to see the other folks that blow me away with their projects!!

5 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

that is one sexy chair!! i would love to sit in it and have it wrap its arms around me! :)

Kate@TwentySixToLife said...

Very nice! That fabric is perfect with that pillow.

Ashleigh@Sincerely said...

This is insanely gorgeous. I may or may not be drooling. The fabric is perfect and really pops off the black frame. I am definitely saving this for my inspiration files.

Thanks for sharing :)

Megan said...

I love that fabric, the chair is gorgeous!!

ps saw you on Better after this morning, yay!

Serendipity Chic Design said...

Loving the eclectic chic vibe. Such glamorous appeal!

Take care,
Lisa