Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thrown Away Thursday ~ Sad Nightstand

Happy Thursday! Yay the weekend is almost here!!!!

(true story)
...so on Saturday as I was driving along the neighborhood streets, a whisper spoke to me, saying "Turn this way". Well I had to do it right... Then I heard "hey over here". Low and behold there was a garage sale right down that street. I didn't' see anything that struck my fancy so I did what I usually do when nothing really stands out... I drive by really fast! I didn't feel so bad because Lord knows I can stand to save money right now and avoiding temptation would be a good thing. But then I heard the voice again.

It said "hey come back here...you forgot me". All I could do at this point was turn around. So I did. That's when I saw her. This little nightstand sitting sad and alone at the garage sale I had just passed.

I couldn't just leave her there so I got off and asked the lady "how much?". She said "Two dollars". Two dollars is well in my budget so I took her!! I think I actually saw her smile. Well her because she knew she would get a makeover soon, and the lady because she thought she just sold me trash for two bucks!






Come visit me on Tuesday and see how she looks now!



Rita

3 comments:

Megan said...

Oh man, I get the same voice telling me to visit my favorite thrift stores :) That would be how I ended up with my dining room table, ha! She's a cute lil table, can't way to see her all done up!!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

ah, the voice.... that furniture crying out to be loved again! so glad you heard it!

V @ Invaluable Valuables said...

Wow what a fabulous little piece .... great find !