Monday, March 21, 2011

Tossed And Turned Tuesday- Yellow Table

WARNING: This table went a little bright so squinting may be needed

I hope I don't get hate mail for this one. I went out on a limb and tried to recreate something I've seen done before and since I'm not afraid to try something new...well here is the result~

I don't think anyone will miss this table~


Here's how I did it. Take your less than happy table. This one could have been stained all over however there were too many bumps and bruises to rescue it all so I painted it and left some of the real wood showing through.

Next I took a piece of chalk and drew my border. Oh I sanded it first and prepped it for painting.


Then I took out my Dremel tool and traced my chalk line.

Last, I painted it then stained the middle with Dark Walnut stain to really make it pop! I think I succeeded with the popping, wouldn't you say


>Again, thanks for coming back to see this table after it's face lift.

Oh and want to tell you all that I'll be at Junkadoodle on April 2nd in Dallas if you're in the area. I'd love to see or meet you!!

Rita

6 comments:

Miss Madison's Mommy said...

Love the table, I could never freehand the sides and make it look that good! I wish I could come to junkadoodle, but Miss M big {ok huge} 2nd bday party is that day :P

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

that is adorable! and i don't think i could have free handed that either- impressive!
and what a great use of the dremel.

Michelle Simmons said...

That is amazing! I had been trying to think of how to have both painted and stained wood on something. I can't wait to try this out.

Jenn ~ Flea With Me said...

I think this came out great! I wish I could freehand paint..

charity said...

Love this idea! I have been toying around with some ideas for using my dremel and I think this may be it. What a cute idea and with great results!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I love how you cut out the design free hand with the dremel! Very impressive. What a great makeover! Thanks so much for linking up to Terrific Under Ten!