Monday, March 28, 2011

Tossed And Turned Tuesday- Presenting THE GIRLS!!

If you're like me and you live in a house full of women (including a girl puppy) you know that when we get in a mood, there is no trifling with us. Once our mind is set, watch out. You will not change our minds. We will not take less than what we're worth. We will not settle. When it came to these tables, the same rules applied. The day I realized how they needed to look I drew them up on a scratch note pad. I found a piece of fabric print online that looked retro enough as a go by and had a friend of mine adjust it to look exactly like I envisioned the stenciled top. But when I didn't have the brown paint I needed, I tried to go for a lighter shade of brown to see if it worked. Did these girls approve?? HECK NO. I could never get a second coat on!! I felt like I was painting with water colors! The paint would not stick. I knew better than to keep trying. Luckily I had a couple extra cans of spray paint from a previous project...and the girls finally approved. That's how I turned this:

Into this:




If you could have seen the drama I spent with them, you'd completely understand.


They'll be at Junkadoodle on Saturday if you want to see them up close.


See you Thursday,

Rita

8 comments:

Katie said...

So sassy! They turned out great! I love that detail! Did you do that by hand?

Sarah's Salvages said...

Nice job!! what a turnaround!

Miss Madison's Mommy said...

Love the design, they look fabulous!! Have fun at Junkadoodle, the weather's going to be awesome!!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Your makeovers are always so impressive. Love all the details you add to each one!

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

Very cool! You are so creative!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

so worth all the work- they look awesome! you are so good with these funky retro patterns- i love it, rita!

Ethnic Girl Fun said...

Your very talented!

Meg I am..... said...

Totally digging the retro patterned tops!! Nice save!!

http://megschmitt-neveradullday.blogspot.com/