Monday, March 14, 2011

Groovy 70's Shirt.

I'm SO EXCITED to show you this little arts and crafts project I did last night. But first let me tell you how it began.

A couple of weeks ago, my family gathered to go through old clothes belonging to my grandpa. During the cleaning of closets, I stumbled upon this shirt belonging to my Grandma. While everyone else pawed through what they were keeping of my grandpa's, I just asked if I could take this shirt. You may think that's strange but if you knew me, you'd totally get it! So they said yes and I did the arm thrust thing because I totally got the most awesome print shirt in the world!! I mean look at this print!




Although I didn't quite now what I'd use it for yet, here enters this little tiny footstool from Goodwill for $1.

Ugly right??


Can you believe this awful staple job??

It took me about 30 minutes total including hot gluing to make this footstool go from fearful to FABULOUS or gross to GROOVYYYY or ...well you get the idea!
Here it is all cleaned up. I had Brianna hold the measuring tape so you can see how tall it is. I have no idea what this would be used for but it sure is cool to look at. Oh, and staples were covered with the inside seam of the blouse where the buttons go.




I still have scraps so you may see more of this pattern until it's all gone!
Don't forget to see another retro transformation tomorrow on Tossed and Turned Tuesday~
Rita

9 comments:

Chardawneh said...

What a great idea! I have a blouse from my Grandmother and I never thought to repurpose it, but now I am going to!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

that was such a great idea! i hope you are keeping it since it has special meaning!

Michelle Simmons said...

I never would have thought of that but I absolutely LOVE it.

Jenn ~ Flea With Me said...

How unique!! I love the colors, nice job!

Victoria said...

Makes a nice little time out chair :)

Miss Madison's Mommy said...

So creative, love it!!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I found you through Primitive and Proper today! I would love for you to link up to my Terrific Under Ten Tuesdays sometime! Love this project!

Candice said...

That is awesome! How did you get it so tidy? I'm jealous of your upholstery skills!

Michelle said...

OMGosh! I am totally in love with this foot stool!!

Have you sold it yet? Are you gonna? Email me so we can talk!!!