Monday, March 07, 2011

For Sammy!! My Precious of little faith...

So...I've talked about Sammy (my husband) before and how different we are when it comes to all things decor. I like light. He likes dark. I like shabby chic. He likes Pottery Barn deep browns. I like bright happy colors...and he doesn't mind them as long as they aren't for him. So needless to say, he doesn't see the beauty in treasures as I do.

One thing I've made before that he really liked is the TV stand I made for Angie. He's been needing a new one for his new TV so I told him I'd be on the look out. A couple of weeks ago this old TV cabinet came up on craigslist for $25.00. But after seeing how much repair the inside would need she sold it to me for $20.00.




Sammy wasn't SO MUCH sold on the idea of this being his new TV stand because of the height. In fact as I'm typing this, he's installing all his "electronics" in it now (I'm still crossing my fingers).

Where was I? Oh, so we measured all of his "stuff" that would go in this cabinet,built a shelf and made repairs to the bottom.


Next it was off to be PRIMED~

Although, he had his doubts and I kept telling him, "it looks so great in my head", he was pleased with the outcome. NOT TOO BRIGHT AT ALL. That was the one thing he was hoping for and I just wanted some pop of light color amongs all the dark, dark surroundings. I think we found a happy medium.
Here it is after in all HIS gray (antiqued) beauty!!

So babe this one's for you~
I love you,
Rita

Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

6 comments:

Katie said...

It looks awesome!! I love the legs on it! Hope the hubs likes it! I'd love to see it in use! I've been looking for something like that for my hubby too!

FOUR ALL SEASONS said...

Wow! I would say this is a win win for both of you. Love the color. It's always nice when hubby is happy!

MMB Creations said...

These husbands just lack vision. Mine has just given up. He usually likes the finished product.

Miss Madison's Mommy said...

Wow, you did a great job, even better making THE man happy :) My hubs is the same way, ha!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

wow, rita! that looks amazing!!!!! i love the colors- so cool.

Cindy said...

I am so jealous! It is just beautiful!