Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Tossed and Turned Tuesday- Curbside Bench

Here it is...the little bench I found on the side of the road only now it looks like I bought it from an actual store!

Again, here it is Before:

And After:

Now you may have seen some things around my blog that resemble this piece in color and material but that's the point. I used what I had. Also you may notice in the "before" photo, the broken bottom of this bench. One thing to remember before you pick something up off the curb or anywhere for that matter, is to make sure that the piece is in good shape. In this case the broken part didn't do much reinforcing. It pretty much hung there and was easily removed. I just filled in the holes with wood filler and sanded down the rest.

I made sure it was stable first or else I would have gone ahead and replaced it.

Total cost of this bench:
Bench- Free (picked up from curb)
Material- Free (used scraps from previous project)
Paint - Free (used left over paint)

Curbside Creation- Priceless!

Thanks for coming back to visit and welcome new visitors from Mod Podge Rocks.
Rita

posting here:

9 comments:

Chrissie said...

Love the bench and I love the price! Wonderful fabric too!

Alicia said...

=) I did in fact come over from Mod Podge Rocks, I love your theme, you blog background, your blog title. Fun. And all your "re"creations are awesome. It can soon become much more than a hobby. Does it all do well on Etsy?

Crystal Lynn said...

I so love that! Very pretty.. I especially love the way the black makes the fabric pop!

Sam @ The Junk House said...

That turned out amazing! I love the fabric and black together.

Aurora said...

Love curbside freebies! this looks fabulous!

MMB Creations said...

I have been anxiously awaiting the after on this bench. It is great! Well done!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

sooo cute! love that fabric- you are so good with patterns!! and i JUST realized i am not following you- what?!?!? about to fix that.
and you will be featured tomorrow or thurs on my blog. :)

oops! said...

So stinkin cute!

Katie said...

I love the colors on this stool! I always love your stuff so I nominated you for the Stylish Blogger Award!

http://craptastickatie.blogspot.com/2011/02/excitement-overflow.html