Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tossed And Turned Tuesday- Andrea's Furniture!

Welcome back! Today I'll show you how what you see isn't always what you get...you just need to use your imagination.

Thursday I showed you a couple of projects I had for my sister. We found a couple of night stands that didn't quite match, one of which I made into a chalkboard nightstand for my nephew that you can see here, and the other was going to go in her living room.

This is the pair of new living room fixtures "AFTER":

I took two different finished pieces and painted them to match!
And gave those old brass pulls a dark brown finish. (oooh much better on the eyes!)
So here is the old night stand and cart before:
Now forgive the flash but the room was dark... Here is the new Side Table (which holds her DVD's perfectly) and coffee table that tie the room together quite well.


Moral of the story: Sometimes you have to look with a different set of eyes when finding something functional for your home. Consider space if it's an issue as well.
I'm gonna stop now because typing right under this carpet picture is starting to give me Vertigo.

Hope you have a great day!

Rita

6 comments:

B.Large said...

I love love love them! I seriously love the old white wash look! I'm your newest follower and would you to be mine!
We've got a simlar taste!
http://brandlarge.blogspot.com
Much love and blessings for the week!
B.Large

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

those look wonderful, rita! i love the the little cart- so cute!

Kim @ Second Time Furniture said...

I love how you paired two different looks to make a set! :)

Kim @ Second Time Furniture said...

I love how you took two different looks to make a set! Great job!

Miss Madison's Mommy said...

Love the white washed look! Fabulous job as usual Rita :)

Kimberlea@SaVvyDeCor said...

Love it! Painting the hardware black was like adding the perfect pair of earings! Great job. I am going to look at your other pieces now!